- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon (generous) Asian sesame oil
- 1 navel orange
- 1 6-ounce bag baby spinach leaves
- 1 Pinkerton or Fuerte avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- Whisk first 5 ingredients in large bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set dressing aside.
- Cut off peel and white pith from orange. Cut orange into 1/3-inch rounds; cut rounds crosswise in half. Add spinach to dressing; toss to coat. Add avocado and orange; toss gently.
Recipe by Bon Appétit Test Kitchen https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/asian-spinach-salad-with-orange-and-avocado